Skin naturally loses its hyaluronic acid (HA) component as we age, making it look old and wrinkly. Fillers prevent this by replacing lost HA with bio-compatible hyaluronic acid to restore skin’s plumpness and serve as natural moisturizer. During the treatment, a very thin needle is used to inject tiny amounts of dermal fillers into problem areas to restore volume, smoothen skin, and improve hydration.
What it targets:
Wrinkles, sagging, dryness, loss of volume on face and lips. There are different types of dermal fillers for your skin concerns:
- The Belotero range consists of advanced dermal fillers made of hyaluronic acid to naturally smoothen lines, rehydrate skin, and restore volume—making you look years younger.
- Apart from Belotero other hyaluronic-acid based fillers such as Juvederm and Voluma are available. These are generally used for wrinkle correction around the eyes and lips, as well as in lip enhancement.
- Radiesse reduces the appearance of wrinkles and skin folds around the mouth and nose, and fills certain areas, like the chin, as well as depressed scars. It can also be used for non-surgical chin augmentations and non-surgical nose lifts.
- Restylane is used for wrinkle correction around the eye area and lips. Perlane is used for shaping facial contours, such as the cheeks and chin, for correcting deep folds and for volume augmentation of the lips. Both use use biocompatible hyaluronic acid in crystal-clear gel form.
- Voluma is used for shaping facial contours, such as the cheeks and chin, for correcting deep folds, and for plumping up lips.
One session usually takes less than 30 minutes, with instantaneous results. You may experience minimal swelling, redness, and discomfort, but these subside within a few days to a week after the treatment. Lidocaine (an anesthetic) is incorporated in the fillers, to minimize discomfort. The effects of Belotero, Juvederm, and Restylane last for about six to eight months, while for Perlane and Voluma, it’s around eight to 12 months.